We’re the LGBTQI Scottish Country dance group for Edinburgh and the surrounding areas.
Our weekly classes restart on Monday 7 February.
Same Monday evening time slot: 7.30pm til 9.30pm
Same venue: St Ninians Hall (Greyfriars Charteris Centre, 138/140 The Pleasance, Edinburgh EH8 9RR).
Winter Term : Monday 7 February to Monday 4 April, inclusive
Spring Term : Monday 25 April to Monday 6 June, inclusive
(Once we are up and running, we’ll take soundings about whether to scrap the usual Easter break.)
We have a fantastic teaching team in place, of Caroline, Zs\u00f3fia, Martin and David.
As its been almost a two year break, we’ll be starting very gently!
Please follow these Covid-19 precautions.
Important: Covid-19 precautions:
Unfortunately Covid-19 is still around so we have to follow some sensible Covid-19 precautions for everyone’s protection, so please:
- bring your own water / snack etc.
- bring a mask and wear it in the corridors and in the hall when not dancing.
- bring hand sanitiser and use it frequently.
- take a Lateral Flow Device Test (LFD) earlier on the same day. NB : LFDs can be ordered online. They can also be collected from:over 1,000 community pharmacies, over 60 test sites across Scotland and local authority collection points.
Please do not come, if any of the following applies:
- your LFD test shows positive,
- OR if you have symptoms of Covid-19
- OR if have been in contact with someone with Covid-19
- OR if you have not had all the Covid-19 vaccinations/boosters that you have been offered.
Interested in ceilidh and Scottish country dancing? We have social dancing with tuition on Monday evenings in Edinburgh. It’s good fun… and your first time is free. There’s a video here.
We meet on Monday evenings from 7.30pm at St Ninian’s Hall, Greyfriars Charteris Centre (formerly Kirk O’Field Church), The Pleasance, EH8 9RR.
Please feel free to come along any Monday evening. Beginners are always welcome.